Image Map

Monday, September 8, 2014

Motivation Monday


Sweets!

I have an awful sweet tooth. Awful!! And how fun can life be if you just chop all the fun things out? Yeah, the answer is none. I'm not even willing to try. There is, however, a way to make sweets that are a liiiiiittle better for you!

I got these on Amazon! They're wonderfully versatile. I can use them to make yummy healthy sweets, or I can use them for portion control in my lunch for work! Both are things I need. These nifty little things have lids that seal really well, so you don't need to worry about them opening on your way to work. But yesterday, I used them to make a healthy treat. 

 Look how messy my little kitchen is! :O

Berry Matcha Popsicles

Ingredients:
2 tsp. match powder (I'm using this)
1 1/2 c. milk of choice (I'm using coconut almond milk)
1 tsp. honey
2 handfuls of assorted frozen berries
Pop Molds!


How To:
In a bowl, whisk 1 cup milk, matcha powder, and honey. You should taste it at this point. If it isn't sweet enough for you, add a bit more honey! Using something with a lip to avoid spilling everywhere like I did, fill your molds halfway with the matcha mixture. As you can see above, to keep my molds upright, I used a cooling rack! Sometimes I'm a little clever. 
Anyway, in a blender, toss in the berries and the remainder of the milk. Blend until you have a nice frozen puree. Fill the remainder of the molds with this mixture. At that point, I put the lids on them and gave them a good shake. Not a drop was spilled. Now toss those in the freezer for a couple of hours, and enjoy!!


What is your favorite healthy sweet!? I'd love to hear!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment