Image Map

Monday, August 18, 2014

Dilemmas for Days...

Etsy vs. Store

So, here's the deal. Boyfriend has asked me to narrow it down to my top 5 favorite engagement rings! This should be great and exciting, and I should just be ecstatic, right? Wrong. I am not capable of asking him to spend $1,500+ on a ring for me. And I'm telling you, all the rings I like are almost double that. That. Is. Nonsense.
Here's my dilemma. I LOVE the rings I find on Etsy. Absolutely love the rings, the price tags, everything. At the same time, I feel like getting a ring off of Etsy is a bad idea.

Reasons:
  1. What if it looks nothing like it is pictured? I know he can return it, but then he has to find a new ring that I would like.
  2. What if the gem falls out!? It's not like I can just go to the store and have them fix it.
  3. I also won't be able to run to the store to get it cleaned. So, after like a year, it's going to be all dingy or something.
Those are my main issues. On the other hand, I don't really like the traditional diamond ring. I've been obsessed with the rose gold/morganite combination. I think it just looks so beautiful and vintage. But, I've only found one store that has this, and I don't really have many to choose from. So basically, I narrowed it down to one. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely beautiful, I just want more of a selection.
What is your opinion on this? Have you gotten a ring off Etsy?

4 comments:

  1. First off, wow! That ring is, indeed, gorgeous. Second off, I have never gotten a ring off Etsy, but to address your concerns, I think if you want one that's on Etsy you should let the fact that you only have a picture deter you from purchasing. Like you said, you can always return it, and if you have a backup or two in mind it shouldn't be a big deal to get another one instead. Also, most jewelry places that I know will clean and service rings even if they weren't from there. Some charge instead of offering it free, but it's pretty reasonable in my experience. Just because you bought your ring someplace else doesn't mean they want to chase away potential customers. Anyway, I hope that helps! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely helps!! Thank you so much! The one pictured is from Zale's, but that's the only one I've found in store, and liked! He's worried that I'm not supposed to know which one he's getting me. :P

      Delete
  2. Have you ever heard of Jewelry TV? lts like qvc or hsn, only its jewelry... and they have everything imaginable. Lots of gemstones, diamonds, platinum, gold... I dont personally watch the channel, but I've been on their website a lot.
    www.jtv.com
    There's a huge morganite section on the site!! I think they even build jewelry too. Plus they have flex pay.
    My aunt orders jewelry from them and she's always really happy with everything. Sorry for the book, lol... but I just had to share this with you when I saw that morganite ring. I've been obsessed with that style for a couple years! You have grest taste. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh thank you!!! I will definitely check that site out!! I would really like to do a Build Your Own, but all the stores only let you choose diamonds!

      Delete