Image Map

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Birchbox Review - August 2014

Hooraaaay!! 

Another month of Birchbox is here! They've been doing this really cool thing, where you can choose one of the products that goes in your box (or an entirely different box)! My pick wasn't in the box, but I was late to pick and didn't really care. However, I did get the cream eyeshadow. Now, I'm typically not fond of cream shadows... But this one didn't budge when I did a swatch on my hand, so that makes me a little optimistic.

Let's get down to the box!


Sample size: 1 fl. oz.
Value: $2
I love the smell of this. It smells wonderful. It absorbs into the skin really fast and doesn't leave my hands all greasy. It also makes my hands super soft. I'm on board with this.

Sample size: .17 fl. oz.
Value: $12.34
Here's a little swatch of this. It's a really nice neutral shimmer. It also didn't budge after it dried, which is typically what I have problems with. All in all, I love the color and, if it stays this well, it will be amazing.

Sample size: 1 pack
Value: $3
I'm pretty sure if I used this in the morning, I would be wide awake. The mint in this mask is powerful. I'm not complaining, though. I think it left my whole being feeling refreshed, and my face is nice and smooth.

Neil George Shampoo ($9.00 for 3.38 fl. oz.)
Sample size: 1.69 fl. oz.
Value: $4.50
Although the combo of this and the conditioner did really well at leaving my hair silky, I'm a little disappointed that it has sulfate in it. I've been trying out some sulfate-free shampoos lately. However, this definitely did the job of cleaning my hair.

Neil George Conditioner ($9.00 for 3.38 fl. oz.)
Sample size: 1.69 fl. oz.
Value: $4.50
As I said above, using this with the shampoo left my hair really silky. I made sure not to put any oils or leave-in conditioners in after showering, so I knew the full effects. Even my slightly sad ends don't feel so sad! That's always a good thing.

Total Value: $26.34
Not bad! I always love the sample lotions, because I can keep them on my desk. They're the perfect size. All in all, I'm not mad with this box, but it was not a memorable one for me.


I'd also like to state that I recently got 4 products (Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit, Cargo Water Resistant Blush in Los CabosYes To™ Blueberries Cleansing Facial Towelettes, and Supergoop! Fusion Lip Balm SPF 30+ in Acai) for $11.99. Bless your little soul, BirchBox points!
BirchBox has the best customer service that I have experienced so far. Last month, I received a sample that was way darker than my skin tone and, without me saying anything, they sent me an email saying that they were adding 100 points ($10) to my account! Also, my Cargo blush was in crumbles, and they sent me a new one, as well as 100 more points without a fuss!

5 comments:

  1. That face mask sounds awesome! I love trying different ones, and mint is the best.

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was intense!! I think I'll use it one morning instead of coffee! (:

      Delete
  2. I wish I would have gotten that face mask- that sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the exact same box! That lotion was definitely my favorite thing. It smells AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete