Image Map

Monday, August 25, 2014

Motivation Monday

I hate running. Hate. It. As a busty lady, it just doesn't work for me. No thank you, it hurts. Literally, the last time I ran on the treadmill, both straps on my sports bra came undone. Well, isn't that just so helpful!? But I suck it up, and I do HIIT on the treadmill.
HIIT stands for high intensity interval training, and it's supposed to burn more calories for longer. I like the sound of that. So, the goal is to get your heart rate way up, then normal, then way up, etc. My personal favorite for this on the treadmill is to lunge for a 1.5 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 1.5 minutes, walk 1 minute, and repeat. Slowly, I'm building my endurance, and my lunge/run time will increase.
Literally, the only way I get through 25 minutes of that is my music. I haven't really touched on the type of music I listen to, but let me assure you, it helps. A lot of it is hardcore, with the occasional upbeat pop song.


What do you guys listen to at the gym? Do you have anything else that gets you through a workout!? I'd love to know! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment