Image Map

Monday, September 1, 2014

Motivation Monday

It's a slow day here in our little home... The animals wouldn't get up, and I had planned to be at the gym at 9. Needless to say, that didn't happen. However, I did get in there at noon. Not what I planned, but hey! I got in there, and I kicked a little ass. 
Anyone that knows me personally knows the magic morning rule: "Don't talk to Tori until she talks to you or she has a cup of coffee in her hand." I can't help that I'm not a morning person. Staying on track with my fitness and nutrition isn't easy when I want to start the morning with a sugary cup of coffee. Unfortunately, no matter how many times I try, I can't seem to acclimate my taste buds to black coffee, or tea for that matter. My solution?! Find a way to make the shit healthy. And so, I did.


Healthy Protein Frappuccino!
8 ice cubes
1 c. cold-brewed coffee
1/2 c. almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. sugar
2 scoops protein of choice!
(I've been using Spirutein Cookies n' Cream protein. So yummy!)

Have you ever tried to make a frappuccino at home, and it just comes out all chunky and weird? The protein acts as the gum that Starbucks uses to make the correct consistency. I know, because I work there (Saturdays), and I know how these things work. :P

What healthy ways do you use to perk yourself up in the morning?
Who's going to try this?! I'd love to know how it turns out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment