Image Map

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Birchbox Review - September 2014

Hoooray!

I think I've mentioned this before, but I love when my BirchBox comes! It's like a little present every month. To myself. (: That's ok with me. I absolutely love the new option to choose one of the items in your box. I'm glad we can kind of customize it! Plus, this month's box is adorable!
If you are unaware, Birchbox is a monthly makeup subscription. It's great if you're into discovering new, high-end products, without just jumping off the deep end and buying it. I've found so many new brands and products that I love. The subscription is $10/month in the US, shipping included.

Here's what I received this month:

Acure Organics Day Cream Gotu Kola Stem Cell + 1% CGF ($18.99 for 1.75 oz.)
Sample Size: 1 fl. oz.
Value: $10.85
This was my favorite product out of the box! Although this day cream is a little thick, I love it. It makes me so happy to find vegan products that I love. When I used this, it absorbed into the skin, and it didn't leave me oily throughout the day, like I'm used to. However, it is a good idea to set your face with a matte powder after applying this and your foundation!

TEMPTU S/B Highlighter ($27.50 for 1 oz.)
Sample Size: 0.1 fl. oz.
Value: $2.75
I have fairly pale skin. Typically, I make it a little more pale than it is, but I just love the vintage porcelain skin. This only comes in champagne, which is alright if you aren't really pale or you're wearing blush. I actually really like it when I'm wearing blush, because it blends in really nicely. But if I'm not wearing blush,  you can just see a little patch of shimmery peach on my cheekbone, and I'm not a fan of that. Plus, it's almost like glitter when it's in the sun. I think I'm just being picky, though.

Davines OI / Shampoo ($27 for 280 ml)
Sample Size: 12 ml
Value: $1.16
My hair has been on a strict sulfate-free, cleansing conditioner diet. But, I gave it up for a couple days to try this out! Surprisingly, it didn't lather, which is something associated with typical, sulfate shampoos. It did a great job of cleaning my hair, and, when used with the conditioner, my hair was so silky soft. However, I wasn't able to go more than a day without washing it, which is why I've moved away from sulfate shampoos!

Davines OI / Conditioner ($32 for 250 ml)
Sample Size: 75 ml
Value: $9.60
I was super pleased with the sample size of this product! I'll also probably be able to reuse the container after, but that's besides the point. As mentioned with the shampoo, this left my hair really silky. I didn't have to fuss with any products to detangle my hair after my shower, either, which is always good. However, as my hair has been on a sulfate-free diet, I wasn't able to go longer than a day without washing it!

Sample Size: 15 ml
Value: $0.93
So, when I think of a liquid loofah and exfoliation, I'm thinking that there must be some kind of bead or, I don't know, sugar or salt in the product. Something to give it a little grit to exfoliate. Nope. It's pure liquid. I really like to exfoliate with my loofah, but this product is saying I don't need one? False. You still need one. All in all, this was just not for me.

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel ($48.00 for 1.7 fl. oz.)
Sample Size: 0.17 fl. oz.
Value: $4.80
If you're expecting a product that dries to your face and you can peel it off or wipe it off, like a mask, I would not recommend. I was so confused after using it and reading the "peel" part. It dried to my skin pretty quickly, so the circular massage for 2-3 minutes didn't happen. I'd just be rubbing my skin?

Davines OI / Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion ($41 for 4 oz.)
Sample Size: Missing!
Value: N/A
This was missing out of my box!

Total Box Value: $30.09
This box was great! I literally always find at least one product out of my BirchBox that makes it all worth it! I'm really interested in trying more products from Acure Organics!

What was your favorite product this month!? Or do you have another subscription you can't live without? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment