Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2014

Motivation Monday


Matcha!

I have officially transitioned to my 5 am workouts. It definitely helps when you work in an office setting. If I don't work out in the morning, it's just sit, sit, sit. Sit and put my makeup on, sit and drive to work, sit in front of a computer for 8 hours. Guess what? That means I'm ridiculously tired throughout the day. Like, nodding off tired. While coffee is grand and I love it, remember I'm trying to stay away from the sugary-ness of it.
While working at Starbucks, I fell in love with green tea lattes. So much goodness, but still a ton of sugar! Plus, it's pricey. So why not make your own at home!? It's pretty simple.

Ingredients:
1 cup milk of choice
1 tsp. matcha powder
Honey, agave, or other sweetener to taste.

How to:
Combine ingredients in a cup and whisk! Add ice if desired. If you're on the go, you can also put the ingredients in a bottle and just shake it up. So easy, and so much better for you than Starbucks!

I'm using this matcha powder. It's so, so good. It's got a strong smell, but that's only due to how fresh the product is. I'm able to drink this with the tiniest bit of honey. It's got an amazing flavor, and since you only need 1/2-1 tsp, it'll last you a good while! Kiss Me Organics has done a great job with this product and I strongly recommend it! :)

So, what is matcha?

Matcha powder is pulverized green tea leaves. So, ya know how everyone raves about how good green tea is for you? Since you're taking in the whole tea leaf, matcha is even better for you. Up to 10 times better, according to my research.

Some of the benefits include:
Tons of antioxidants
Boosts metabolism & burns calories
Great for a detox
Calms & relaxes
Enhances mood
Provides calcium, selenium, zinc, and magnesium
Helps fight viruses and bacteria
Rich in fiber
Lowers cholesterol

With all that, what's to lose? I've been drinking this after a good workout! It can also be used for baking! Yuuum, matcha macarons.
What's your favorite way to use matcha powder? I'd love to hear in the comments below!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment