Image Map

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What's Cookin' Wednesday

Super Easy, Delicious Pad Thai

It was leg day at the gym, and I put boyfriend through a rigorous one. He was whining the whole time. That's what I like to hear! When we went to leave the gym, there was a monsoon happening, and I had to run through a puddle that was up to my knees! 
So, when I got home, I wanted an easy dinner. Like, easy and quick. This is about ate easy and quick as it gets. Besides heating up frozen food or leftovers...

Warning! As I said, this is a quick recipe. If I were you, I would get all of the ingredients ready, as it goes fast-paced.

Ingredients:
4 oz. Rice noodles (I'm using brown rice noodles)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 green onions, sliced (keep your greens separate for the end)
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 eggs, whisked
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. peanuts, chopped (optional)
Yields: about 2 good-sized servings

How to:

Start by cooking the noodles per directions on the box. Set the noodles aside in cold water once cooked.
While that's going, heat the olive oil in a skillet and toss in the green onion whites and garlic. Sauté those until fragrant, about 5 minutes.

Next, add the whisked eggs and cook until they are almost done. Once you get to that point, set them aside on a plate.

 To make your Pad Thai sauce, whisk the tamari, brown sugar, and lime juice.

Toss the noodles into the skillet and dump the sauce on top. Mix well to coat all the noodles.

 Toss the egg back into the pan and mix it all up. Simmer until eggs are fully cooked.
Add the greens of the onions.

Serve it all up and garnish with the peanuts. 


Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment