Image Map

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

DIY Grapevine Wreath

I love wreaths. I think they're adorable. I think they can make a boring front door fun. And I think they're ridiculously easy to make. I've been really crushing on the grapevine wreaths with flowers and letters, so...
Ta-daaaa!
My very own. FYI everything at Jo-Ann fabrics is crazy cheap and on sale. These wreaths are really easy to make. I only needed 4 things and it cost less than $10. Hell yeah! In case you're wondering, I'm not a self-centered lady, boyfriend's name is Tommy. So the T is both of us! 
Here are the things I bought:

So basically, I cut the long stems apart and just bent the wire into the shape of the wreath. Then I started layering them on, tucking the stems securely into the grapevines, until I got the fullness I wanted. Easy peasy. Next, I chopped a majority of the hydrangea stem off, leaving about 1 1/2-2 inches of stem. I literally just shoved the stem through the grapevines where I wanted it. Lastly, I painted my T with a metallic gold acrylic that I had, waited for it to dry, and hot glued it to the wreath. Presto! Wreath complete!
I had some white ribbon with metallic gold polka dots, but I can't seem to locate it. Once I do, I might add a bow around the T. Or maybe I'll paint a chevron pattern on the T. I don't really know yet. 

I think it looks nice on my boring old door. 
P.S. My apologies for the crappy iPhone photos. I'm working on looking into some proper lighting for my photos. Any tips? Leave a comment! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment