Image Map

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Birchbox Review - June 2014

June 2014



A little about Birchbox: It's a $10 monthly subscription that focuses more on skincare than makeup, but typically will include high end lotions, face creams, masks, acne care, BB creams, CC creams, sunscreens, perfumes, eye shadows, mascaras, lip colors, nail polishes, hair care, etc. Those are mostly what I've gotten. It's a great way to try new products without spending $30 on one product and hating it. If I recall correctly, when you sign up, you check things that you're interested and they type of skin/hair you have. Each box you receive, if you do reviews on the products, you can earn up to 50 points to use in the Birchbox store. That's where I've bought most of my high end products. 100 points = $10 in the store. I've gotten the Benefit 15 Hour Primer ($32, I absolutely loved it) for $5, including shipping. I also did a $56 order and only paid $4, including shipping. It's pretty great, I must say.
I've done a little messing around with the products I received this month in my box. I'm not always 100% fond of everything, but there's usually at least one product that I like. Let's start with that.

Sample size: 1 fl oz. & 1 muslin cloth
Value: $8.17
So far, I'm really liking this product. It was a little weird at first, putting a face wash on my dry skin, but the muslin cloth is a wonderful exfoliator, not too rough and not too soft for my skin. I've used it about 3 or 4 times now, and it seems to be doing good for my skin. I have combination skin.

The Aloe Source Vitamin C Antioxidant Crème ($40 for 1oz.)
Sample size: .25 fl oz.
Value: $10
I think I'm liking this as well. It doesn't make my face greasy after I use it, and it absorbs quickly. I've been using it before bed. I can't say that my skin is improving, but it's a plus that it doesn't make my face oily!

LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil ($18 for .07oz)
Sample size: about .035oz
Value: $9
I'm really loving coral lip colors! I thought it would make me look super pale (because I am pale) but it goes with my complexion well. And it's a fun summer color! This one goes on really smooth. It doesn't have the greatest longevity, but whatever.

Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo ($24 for 8oz.)
Sample size: 2.5 fl oz.
Value: $7.50
I'm so-so on this. It's not a shampoo that suds up, so if you like that, it's not for you. It has an earthy smell. Again, I have oily hair. Like, on the 24 hour mark all the oils come rushing out of my skull. It's obnoxious. This shampoo didn't help much with that.

Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner ($27.50 for 8oz.)
Sample size: 0.41 fl oz.
Value: $1.41
I liked this conditioner. It made my hair ridiculously soft and shiny. Of course, I got enough for one and a half uses, so who knows what could have happened after.

Davines OI / All in One Milk ($28 for 135 ml)
Sample size: 4 ml
Value: $0.83
This stuff was good! Tamed my frizz and helped out some of my dead ends! I still like my Moroccan oil, though. I'll probably stick with that.

Harvey Prince Hello ($55 for 50 ml)
Sample size: 1.5 ml
Value: $1.65
I'm really not a fan of high end perfumes. They all smell the same to me. This one is one of the better ones that I've smelled.

Total value of samples: $38.56
Considering I paid $10 for the box, I'm pretty happy with that. And this box had a couple items that I liked, so... I can't be mad.

Please let me know if you would like to see more of these in the coming months! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment