Image Map

Monday, October 13, 2014

Make It Monday!

Fall Wreath

Welcome to the new change! It's holiday season, and that means I'm a crafting, baking fool. Fall and winter crafts and treats are my favorite. Throughout the holiday months, I will be giving you some DIYs, baked goods, and ideas for the holidays!
I'm going to kick off this change with an easy, pretty fall wreath. If you follow my facebook page, you saw that I went on a little excursion at Michael's. I was pretty proud of my purchases and savings! I saved $27!! You literally can't beat that. Needless to say, you'll have a few DIYs coming at you! So, let me show you how easy this is.

Materials Needed:

1 Grapevine wreath
(I used a 12")
Fall flowers of your choosing
(I used 4 small bouquets)
Ribbon
(I'm using a 4" burlap)
Hot glue gun & glue sticks
The Fellowship of the Ring
(optional, recommended)

Directions:

Heat up your glue gun. While you're waiting for that, separate all the flowers from the stems. Once the glue gun is hot, start by swirling the glue around the base of the flowers, one at a time. Then, just start sticking them through the vines, making sure the glue is anchored onto a part of the wreath. Continue doing this until the flowers are as full as you want them. While you're letting those dry, let's work on the bow.
Cut two lengths of ribbon the same length. Mine were about 40" pieces. Also cut a small piece, about 6-7", and cut it in half. Fold the two long pieces in half and lay one diagonally across the other, as shown above. Grab the center of the two, and scrunch them up. Wrap your small piece around the center of the longer two and hot glue it, so it's closed around the two, making a big bow! Now slather on some hot glue to the back center piece of your bow, and place it on the wreath where you'd like it! Press and hold it there for a few seconds, and you're done!
Go hang that on the door, and marvel at how cute it is and how many compliments you get on it. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment