Image Map

Thursday, July 24, 2014

What's Cookin' Wednesday

Jalapeño & Garlic "Cream" Pasta


It's Wednesday... right?
Don't mind me. I also just realized I didn't put up a Friday Favorites post last week. What?!
So, here's a vegan recipe that turned out way better than I had anticipated! This recipe is wayyyyy simple and quick to make on a busy night.
Boyfriend and his mom liked it! That's a real win, I tell you. Let's get to it.

Ingredients:
3/4 lb. pasta (I used whole wheat)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 carrot, peeled and chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 tsp. Italian seasoning

For the sauce:
4 Tbsp. raw cashews
2 Tbsp. flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 jalapeño, seeded
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 c. almond milk, unsweetened
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp. olive oil

How to:
Cook pasta according to the box. In a skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the carrot and red pepper until tender. While that's going, literally throw all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender and blend until it's at a sauce consistency. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on the veggies and mix all the components together. Heat the pasta for about 5 minutes, and it's done!






I served ours sprinkled with some Parmesan, because I can't resist cheese to save my life.
Let me know if you try this and how it turns out for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment