Image Map

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Birchbox Review - July 2014

I received another Birchbox in the mail last week! Yay! I love getting things in the mail because it's like Christmas. It just makes me happy! So, here are the things I received in this box, and my review on the items.



 First thing: a one-year (10 issue) subscription to Women's Health magazine. This is great, and I'm excited about it. However, I got the same thing in a box last year, and I only received maybe 2 issues. But whatever.
Value: $10

Sample size: 15 ml
Value: $0.93
Much to my surprise (since I really didn't like the perfume last month), I LOVE this. I've kept it at work, using it periodically through the day. It smells way different than the perfume, and I love the scent. Major plus that it doesn't leave my hands greasy.

Ruffian Nail Lacquer ($11 for 0.17 fl oz)
Full size!
Value: $11
So for this, I was able to choose the shade that I wanted. There was a metallic silver and metallic gold. Those are so ordinary, and I've been obsessing over rose gold lately, so that's what I chose. I can't say that it lasts any longer than normal nail polish for me. I'm really rough on nail polish. Not really sure why. However, it is a really nice color. I really like it.

Sample size: 1 towelette
Value: $1.20
It's nail polish remover............... So, yeah. It does what it's supposed to.

Sample size: 1 full size eyeliner
Value: $5.25
I received the Navy blue eyeliner. Typically, I'm a black, rarely brown, eyeliner person. Seldom you'll see me in a purple eyeliner. I recently read that blue eyeliner make tired eyes look, well, less tired. So, I tried this and it's not too bad! Also, I wore it for a full day and had minimal smudging. That's always a plus with pencil liners.

Sample size: 0.24 fl. oz.
Value: $8.16
I've tried this a couple of times. It has a nice texture and absorbs quickly, which I like. I also feel like it did a good job at hydrating my skin and didn't leave my face greasy. I'm still stuck on the AVEENO sample I received from Influenster, though.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint ($38/ 1.7 fl. oz.)
Sample size: 0.17
Value: $3.80
I won't lie... I haven't tried this. It's just not something I like to use. I probably should just try it anyway. BUT! I received an email today from Birchbox, saying that this item didn't really fit my beauty profile, and they were giving me 100 Birchbox points. Hell yeah! So, add $10 to the value.

Total Value: $40.34
Plus, I got 100 Birchbox points. I'd say this isn't bad at all. I'm pretty happy with the things that I received this month. There's nothing I can really complain about. I mean the nail polish remover... but oh well. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment