Image Map

Monday, July 28, 2014

Motivation Monday

I love sweets. Love them. And, ya know, when you're trying to be healthier, sweets aren't what you want to eat. Recently, I've been trying some healthier sweet recipes. Banana ice cream is my favorite. It's so good. But recently, I tried these faux cookie dough bites, and they were amazing. They tasted like a lara bar!

Here is the recipe from My Whole Food Life.
Ingredients:
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 cup raw almonds
10-12 pitted medjool dates pitted
1/4 -1/2 cup water
optional chips, coconut, cacao nibs, raisins, etc.

How to:
Throw the almonds and oats in the food processor and blend into a fine powder.
Then add dates and continue to blend. 
Lastly, add the water, a little at a time until a paste like dough forms. 
Roll dough into little balls and place on a lined baking sheet. 
Put into the fridge to get the dough to firm up a bit.  Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment