Image Map

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Hack Your 2.0

Keurig 2.0 Hack

Hello, you lovely humans. So, for Christmas, I received the Keurig 2.0. I was just ecstatic. I ran out to the store for those tasty little Gevalia K-cups with the froth packs, only to pop it into my Keurig and get this message:
 
Excuse me!? The whole reason I, personally, got a Keurig was because of the hundreds of options I had. I was unaware that the 2.0 didn't have nearly as many options. I also came to find out that you get the same message when you want to use the refillable K-cup for your own coffees.  That was pure madness to me. I have so many coffees that I love that you can't find in K-cups. For example, local roasters. I also noticed that some of the bloggers I watch won a 2.0 (you lucky, lucky humans). So, I did a bit of research to find out how I could use these refillable cups. 
Turns out, Keurig was basically trying to cut down on the amount of external cups you could use. If you don't get that, I'll put it plainly. They wanted you to only use K-cups by Keurig and be greedy with all the profits. I get it, really I do. But that's not convenient for me. (: So I found a hack, and I thought I would share it with you! Because we all need delicious coffee.

What You'll Need:

1 Solofill Cup K3*
1 2.0 approved K-cup
Utility knife
Hot glue gun
*I found mine at Target for $11.99. According to all the things I read, this one fits and works the best!

How To:

Using your utility knife, carefully cut the foil top of the K-cup off. Don't waste that coffee!! Dump it into your reusable K-cup, or a bowl to put in your K-cup momentarily. Make sure there are no jagged, bumpy edges on your foil top. You want it as smooth as possible. Now, take your hot glue gun and dab glue around the rim of your reusable K-cup. Carefully place the foil top on top of your reusable K-cup. Place your newly hacked reusable cup in your Keurig. Now enjoy whatever coffee you feel like, whether Keurig wants you to or not! (:



I hope there's someone out there that was sorely disappointed finding that 'Opps!' message that this helps!! I'm now enjoying my Casi Cielo in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment